PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil airspace infringements
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 22:32
sonicstomp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a mate that operates a large military jet in Class G airspace not infrequently, I see no reason why one ought to be on a RAS for safety - I am quite happy to take a RIS, indeed often to operate VFR not talking to anyone! (god forbid) .... Using a combination of TCAS and looking out of the ******* window in good flying conditions is more than sufficient to 'see and avoid' and therefore cause the least embuggerance to others and enable me and my crew to operate more effectively either to/from upper air or to/from a tanker etc...

See absolutely no reason why the civvy mates can't do the same - if not happy with 'see and avoid' based on a radar picture that requires on-board interpretation in good vmc with a tcas then perhaps they ought to be sticking to CAS...

<rant over>

As for our dear ATCO chappie - he may well have a good point about a specific recurrence of incidents relating to his Class D however that was all lost in a deliberately provocative and loaded approach to his post - I am happy to reciprocate with the same tone - kn*b off!