PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £50 Pounds to send your CV??????
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 22:04
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in todays environment we all have a choice one is to pay or not to pay, the other is to sit on a fat A... waiting for a job to come to them. (it will not)
Indeed - and many of us who chose not to pay have found jobs with airlines that do not charge for CVs, or sim assessments, or type ratings, or uniforms. My lot even let us have free water on the flightdeck.

I agree with another point too:

Most new Ryanair pilots already know what to expect
They certainly should. Ryanair's attitude towards low-hours pilots (and pilots in general) is headline news right up there with the pope being catholic and bears defecating rurally.

I understand the appeal of lots of hours on a 737NG. I understand the desperation to get a first job that leads people to pay to join an airline. The trouble is, the more people that demonstrate they'll do anything, pay any price to become an airline pilot, the greater the temptation for other airlines to follow suit. Erosion of Ryanair pilots' terms and conditions today means erosion of everyone else's tomorrow.

That's only my opinion, and people might disagree with it, but I don't believe that stating it is a waste of bandwidth.