PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil airspace infringements
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 21:43
Pure Pursuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies STH, I did mean ScATCC Mil.

It is indeed a difficult situation however, I'm a firm believer that it comes down to how you ask aircrew to adjust their plans. For example, if I was to say, "Export, 1 stranger xxx xx tracks south indicating FL190" whilst Export are very busy in the targeting phase of a PI, then I would not expect too much back. I do not mean that in a negative manner, I just see it as my job to offer a solution to a problem without maxing out the crews.

Phrased as, "Export, 1 stranger, possible RAS, traffic xxx xx tracks south indicating FL190. If you flow no further east he will not be a factor" then I'm offering a no brainer solution & bingo, biggles stays out of the way without even having to think about it & the stranger calls stop.

ScATCC Mil are very good at convincing Civ Air to stay out of the way, the issue is when the a/c are under civvy control. They often seem reluctant to even ask the crews.

On the other side of the coin, I've had a civvy controller phone me and inform me that she could see I had a lot of traffic (tanker & rxs) & offered to turn her ( I think she wanted me) traffic so that I could get on with it. Never did call her back...

Iccarus,

I believe that civvy traffic, under ScATCC Mil control have to do so under a RAS for insurance purposes. I may be wrong, perhaps a Mil ATC guy or STH could confirm?