PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil airspace infringements
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 21:25
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pure Pursuit
SCATCC do try to keep their RAS traffic well out of the way.
That'll be ScATCC Mil providing RAS then will it? Or have the civvies now learned how to do RAS?

Pure Pursuit is quite correct regarding the long-term aims of the civvies - I attended a day of discussions in London about changes to radar services (which thankfully all seems to have gone quiet); the civvies there (ATC/Aircrew/NATS Management/CAA etc etc) were quite open about their preferred option for UK airspace - they wanted it all to be Controlled whereas the military want significant parts of it to be Class G open FIR (and so do the vast majority of the GA community - also represented). Any solution is bound to be a compromise, but the civvies are continually looking to set-up new routes and P18 is a good example; first they will go for anairwar, then there will be fillets in the north and south and gradually what little space is left over Northumberland will reduce to the point that it is effectively unusable.

Getting back to the thread, it's throw a dyce's attitude that irks. I wonder what NATS management would make of his using PPRUNE instead of an ATCOR:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1602.pdf

Sorry did I bite again?

STH