PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £50 Pounds to send your CV??????
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 20:26
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Initial selection through financial penalty may well be considered as natural selection.
Almost every airline receives over a hundred CV's per week which takes maybe 5 minutes to read, the math is simple 500 minutes 8hrs 20mins or over 1 working day.
By charging this limits the numbers received down to those who are really interested in joining and reduces wasted time.
Also as Ryanair charge for their type ratings (Not Captains) those with the £50 are more likely to be able to find the funds to progress further, £260 for the interview and sim check £22000 for the rating.
From what I have seen after 35+ years in aviation the Ryanair knockers here will never be anything else but anti, its time they grew up and accepted the facts that in todays environment we all have a choice one is to pay or not to pay, the other is to sit on a fat A... waiting for a job to come to them. (it will not)
Most new Ryanair pilots already know what to expect, the costs involved and the renumeration received. its their choice.
If when I started there was a job like Ryanair, I would not have though twice before applying.
It took me 2 months to get a flying job, which lasted 5 months, (Redundant) then a job flying turboprops for 5 years before getting that first jet job.
Integrated course £7000 including accomodation. first job £1200 per annum.
Today we have much higher costs but low costs still recruit cadet pilots who can expect to receive £30000+ in the first year.
LAY OFF SLAGGING RYANAIR
If you have specific gripes and have worked for Ryanair then post, otherwise stop wasting band width.
No I dont work for Ryanair, nor have I ever worked for them.
Travelled with them a few times and will continue to do so.
Tin hat on and waiting but at my age who really gives a damn.