PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil airspace infringements
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 20:09
SammySu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're not coming across very well here. The initial post may have been confrontational/naive in tone but there's a major issue at stake. Whether the infringements were understandable through other factors that we don't know about, or down to a dissapointing lapse in our normal exceptionally high professional standards they are still concerning. Taking out an airliner would be disastrous. If we continue to infringe such airspace we risk such an event and make it increasingly difficult to defend the rest of our free airspace from the ongoing encroachment of civvy airspace - Robin Hood / Humberside / Norwich / Inverness and so it goes on. My task priority changes to avoid at all costs when my fast jet is near such airspace, whatever else I'm trying to achieve at the time, after all it's in everyones best interest both short and long term. I'm not throwing spears at those who infringed, everyone mucks up once in a while, but at those who have shown such a blase attitude to the issue through their replies.