PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mont St Odile crash latest news....
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 17:07
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"" difference in findings with the previous court is that the *ergonomics* aspect of the airplane is not in cause > As you've flown the 320, do you really believe that in normal circumstances one could mistake the HDG/VS presentation with the TRK/FPA symbology on the PFD ? Do you really think that adding two extra digits in the window made the airplane safer ? ""

Yes, it most certainly did ! what are normal circumstances in this buisiness anyway ? They were trying to be on time, coming in like the devil, hardly comunicating, very litlle experience on type and yes, the absence of double didgit was extremely misleading. That mistake had been reported a lot of times before and even after the aircraft was modified, pilots still make mistakes specially in V/S mode for a reason I cannot explain, they sometimes put the aircraft in a climb instead of descent.
Mind you, this also happens on the 777. Modern aircrafts, Boeing or Airbus, allow these kind of mistakes by their very design. it's the way it is and that's why you really have to pay attention to what you're doing.

I say again, the aircraft is much better today because of these modifications and since you don't seem to listen here it is again " I LOVED EVERY MINUTE I SPENT FLYING IT " Capicce ?
I think the joy stick is just brillant and the best way to fly an aircraft. I never had any problem with not knowing what the F/O was up to. In 4 years I only took the controls once with the priority button. Same thing with the throttle, don't give a hoot if doesn't move.
If I had an opportunity to fly the 380 I'd go right now, in fact I'd give my left nut to fly it, that's how much I hate Airbus.

Do not ask me to be in awe with our institutions however. People like you scare the living witt out of me by talking about plots every time they hear something against La Grandeur de la........... In some other country they call that " freedom of speach ". I know, it sounds horrendous.

Of course no one is expecting Mr Ziegler's apology for what happened in Chamonix, although, try asking the families. One is however allowed to remind the forgetfull public of what he got away with and why and how. Only fair.

By the way, I'm not Norbert Jacquet..............are you ??
You mean the entire thread is maybe Norbert Jacquet talking to Norbert ?? Brrrrrrrrr ! Chilling. I'm outa here.