PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil airspace infringements
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 16:25
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throw a dyce

If you are what you claim to be....

I have just witnessed infringement of the Pprune website by someone who should have known better. The PROFESSIONAL thing for the controller to do would be to go through the proper channels, as Pure Pursuit suggests. Of course this would require you to stick to facts and have some balls ... oh and actually do some work instead of bleating on here!

The last CivATCO to submit an AIR(C) on my watch turned out to be talking utter bolleux - having seen a Typhoon heading towards, but well above, his aircraft, the ATCO concerned took his eye off the ball and when he next looked the Typhoon was below the ac on the other side. His conclusion was that the Typhoon must have infringed separation. A rapid review of the 'tapes' showed that the Typhoon had descended so quickly that it had been outside 5000' before it even reached 10nm from the civ ac. Yes it was a bit embarassing for the CIV ATCO, BUT at least it brought the issue out into the open and meant everyone involved learnt from it.

If you think your way works best, I would suggest you need to visit your training officer to have a chat about Functional Safety Management.

Oh and by the way, didn't you get into the RAF? Your attitiude, and the comment about the 'subsidised beer' just shows you have a chip on your shoulder - TW@T.

Sorry, to everyone else, I bit there didn't I?

STH