PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR Harmonisation
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2008, 06:06
[email protected]

Received 647 Likes on 285 Posts
Rescue 1 - what I meant was that although the contract changed in 2007, the full implemenatation of that changeover has yet to be completed and this is just for 4 bases that were already MCA - therefore there will not be the instant change in 2012 that some seem to expect if the mil bases are to be taken over. I am led to believe that the MoD can't afford to pay the full 65-70% in 2012 anyway which is why the full handover wouldn't be completed until 2017. I was not having a dig at CHC (for a change)

As for personnel, I know of 2 recent RAF pilots on the S92 and 3 ex RAF winchmen who have since become the rearcrew trainers because they are so well qualified (and top chaps to boot).

3D - you only need 2 casualties requring CPR to overload and tire winch op and winchman if there is any distance to hospital, therefore the co would be very useful. If your winchop is winchopping and your winchman is on the deck/land/sea and the first casualty needs urgent treatment, you will need the co again. I know plenty of pilots who have had to venture aft of the cockpit bulkhead in order to help out.