PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 25th Mar 2008, 22:51
ock1f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God almighty give me patience

Dfc- in all fairness are you really as thick and stupid as you appear here ?

Overtime in itself is not a safety issue-over reliance on overtime is. Excessive overtime is. Excxeesive overtime focused in the early hours is.

If i do 1 overtime duty on my middle rest day in the next two months then thats fine. Its reasonable and not excessive. If i do 6 overtime duties in the next 6 weeks then that is not ok as its excessive.

As has been said before by sevenstar there are now regulations in place limiting overtime. Thats good for everybody. When its all signed sealed and delivered it remains to be seen how much overtime wilbe required when the direct entries come on stream. It also remains to be seeen how many sign up to giving the company 12 rest days to go on-call. If the new overtime arrangements with their new limits dont cover the shortfall needed to safely run the service then you will be serving free drinks to delayed customers down the back as i am now convinced you must be the best and most informed trolley dolley in aviation.

There is no question of an arrangement to give a slice of the cake to more people as you have to ask for that slice and actively sign up for it. So if only ten people did overtime before and only ten feel like doing it now then only ten will be available. No more than before see The call-in rates have not changed by a cent either.

I dont know who you are but you obviously have a major chip on each shoulder from your time in the IAA or the Aer Corp or whoever it was . You know diddly about this situation and have done nothing but intentionally antagonise people. You probbaly think thats cool. People have done their damnest to reply to your posts with good grace and information and all have been rewarded by insults . Im sure if i met you on the street you would initially appear a reasonable fellow but thats the worrying part. jekyll and hyde

Hopefully in the very near future we will be back to "normal" - we can start to put this episode behind us and get with with our jobs-pure and simple. Then this thread will fade away and Dfc will have to dispense infinite wisdom , advice and opinions (otherwise known as pettyness,bullsh*t and headsofaruphisownar*ehecanseesunlight) to others.

Bring on the day

Yours as ever
Ock1f