PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Flying Club High Wycombe
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 13:07
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAFC is a great place to learn.

Great fleet, knowledgeable instructors.

My only complaint would be about Jon Hartill, the CFI (assuming he's still working there) .... can have a tendency to be somewhat grumpy and unwilling to give you the time of day. (my own personal impression of course, you may come to a different conclusion ! .... )

Also, they have a slightly unusual circuit (NIMBY avoidance and non-standard overhead join) .... but it doesn't take much getting used to, and is good training for later PPL life ! Their circuit can also get very busy in the summer ...

Putting Jon to one side however, I would have absolutley no hesitation in recommending them for training. Infact I would suggest they are probably one of the best places you can go near London (which is one additional benefit, they are the closest you'll get to busy airspace - before you experienced flyers jump in, yes I know there are one or two even closer to class A airspace, but Wycombe is close without being too close, good for PPL training ).

Edit to add :

Three yellows ...
1) Those trial lessons all count towards your PPL
They only count towards your PPL if you're actually learning something useful, otherwise the only thing the trial lessons will contribute towards your PPL is the cost !

Last edited by mixture; 24th Mar 2008 at 13:21.