PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YMMB
Thread: YMMB
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 04:41
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airmed I gather yr comfy with the PC12? I know when they where setting up the tender here in ML for the 2000 start date the idea of SE planes was thrown out the window by the Ambulance union as in they said their members wouldn't want to fly in a SE plane 24/7. I know the PC12 shtis on the B200 in most area's bar one! There's nothign else made new that can do the task other than the B200 & at $8 mill a 'pop' set up as an aeromed craft their not cheap!

All the best with yr EBA 'Airmed', it's getting interesting ozzy wide money wise. Would be nice to be paid more for doing a lot more than most drivers esspecially SP ops. Best job under the sun, HH knows only too well that where else can you sleep during yr shift?

'Milk' yeah I too wonder what happened to Mr Bell, a mystery for sure. How many planes I wonder he imported over the years?

'bushy' no pilot has any formal med training, we do pick a lot of general knowledge however. We don't make the med decisions at all but we are kept in the loop as the pilot obvioulsy has the final say as to whether the task can be completed safely.
You will find that most RFDS pilots have at some time or other refused to carry a person on the grounds of safety. Drunk & abusive patients whom haven't be tubed (mechanicl breathing assistance) are the worst.

CW