PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR Harmonisation
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2008, 13:31
Tonka Toy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is a most likely 'worst case scenario'. We tend to take a cargo ship, Napoli or Ice Prince for example. This is most certainly more than two.

Whilst it is wonderful to have all this new 'kit' it will not serve the purpose.

May I suggest that there has clearly been a total lack of understanding or sense of reality displayed by civil servants in this 'change' decision.

As coal face operators you will all have to be accountable now for the decisions made by a faceless civil servant in the MCA or whereever else they may be who has already forced you all into making the decision of who will live and who will not. When you make the wrong decision, or take the one that does not sit well with them on that particular day, then, speaking from experience, you will be hung out to dry. Its very lonely out there blowing in the breeze!

A few years ago, I was told to my face by about the most senior person you could have got in this business that at the very worst, Solent would be an S-92 and Portland a 139.

I'm glad the rotary family are getting new kit, I'm unconvinced though that the 139 is the right kit.

Sadly I think this will be most felt by the casualty left to a forlorn hope as it dissappears into the distance without them.

Can those of us that stand up to the plate for this role, not form some type of 'stakeholders' group to influence such decisions as this one which has been made for us?

Last edited by Tonka Toy; 23rd Mar 2008 at 23:23.