PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 20:05
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ash666, your comments are very interesting considering there are no TOM ground staff based at NCL, they only have agents!! And to set the record straight, alot of things are outside of the ground agents control (often the airlines operations centre pass only basic info). Agents can only pass on what info they have. It does seem that you suffered a bad experience, but from what I have learned about that particular day the agents did all they possibly could.

A/C diverted from SZG to LNZ due wx at destination (cross winds) therefore pax had to be bussed from SZG to LNZ and vice versa. This takes time, a, to arrange ground transport and b, for the airport to cope with diversions. The aircraft then left LNZ to arrive into NCL to operate outbound GVA. Vouchers issued to pax. Yes you may not have been told as soon as the agents knew, but this was obviously done for a reason and the 'TOM guy' or staff on info desk are not to blame. From what I can gather ground agents were not privvy to diversion information and new ETD until half way through check in??

It seems some pax do not realise that airlines do nothave spare aircraft sitting around just waiting for a delay to happen!!! Do we have spare cars on our driveway just incase of a breakdown - didn't think so.

I am not having a rant ash666 at you particularly but please appreciate how difficult it can be to satisfy delayed passengers - the ground staff do the best with the information they have!!!!

Last edited by transwede; 23rd Mar 2008 at 17:15.