PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 19:18
A320fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 have been at STN for years
Sorry yeah I know they have I should have put scheduled passenger flights.

I didnt say Jet2 should move to STN with afew 737's and start euro routes
it needs a much bolder move than that, maybe NewYork on a bigger a/c.
So moving into an area with no brand recognition at all, where there is no possibility of connecting flights and a market that has good competition from AA, with aircraft that are currently not equipped for the likes of NYC will be a good way of reducing overheads and maximising profit??

Lets be realistic! Some people on here think that Jet2 is just going to collapse tomorrow because of the share price. Well they will if the launch New York from a southern airport with the business model that they currently have!! The routes and bases that Jet2 have for the coming summer season are proven to be successful so whats the big deal if at their weakest part of the year, they have the poorest results, its not exactly surprising is it!

stay put and let FR/EZY take over Jet2's northen airports and take a % of Jet2's pax.
"Take Over" Well thats a bit of a dramatisation. EZY has been at NCL for years, as for MAN, EZY/FR will not take a % of Jet2's pax as by the time FR is there Jet2 will have virtually no city destinations so FR are going to be nicking passengers from thin air! Regarding EZY, for now their only routes from MAN are the ex GB ones so Jet2 will only face competition on AGP and TFS.

As I said a few minutes ago lets just wait to see how summer 08 goes, and who gives a to$$ if Jet2 appears to some to be conecntration on sun routes and LBA. They are proven to make money so I applaud Jet2 for realising that they are not as suited to city routes from MAN for example. So lets let Jet2 get on with it, as after all they are the successful airline STILL making £millions profit and have a greater knowledge of what routes to fly, where from and with wich aircraft. NOT us!