PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD payout to injured office worker.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 10:15
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I would have. Quite happily.

My point was not so much contra the civvy in question and neither was I aiming to strike up a them and us persecution note. I was reflecting more about the inadequacy of the Armed Forces Compensation system in relation to Serco or Network Rail workers, or in this case, the MoD civvy who is governed by CS rules and who has proper Union representation, and not just the usual tosh from superficially interested senior officers who are far too busy to devote the time to the matter that is deserved. With the greayest respect, the RBL is not able or should it be expected, to match the practical support and focused advice that a Union appointed solicitor is able to.

The fact remains. Private Cooper got far less (even weighting his salary expectations) for being more badly injured - far more badly injured, than the Civil Servant. Servicemen need more protection and I was not suggesting that civvies get less. Simply put, the Armed Forces bar and the levels of care it needs to demonstrate to those most needy within its ranks must to be raised to civilian levels, and not justified at its current depth. I am just as scathing of the system that gave a service typist a fortune for some thumb related injury.