PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 V Cherokee
Thread: C172 V Cherokee
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2008, 03:53
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 'plankblender' (Ya gotta explain that one some day!)

Well if I knew exactly what I wanted (who ever does anyway!) then I would be right now enjoying owning a plane & counting less money than ever before ! But the 'jury' is still out!
I'm just a worker who earns money on a weekly basis (very 'weekly' actually) so buying a plane for personal use is a big step for me. Although If I am going to ever do it about now is the time before I meet another woman & again become destitute. I do hire one at times (not too often tho) that's $145 hr tacho (C172) & by the sounds of things from reading what some say here that's cheap compared to owning a plane. I would expect to fly PVT'ly around 50 hrs or so per year if I owned a plane so that's not much by an owners standard. What to do what to do? Am next off to chat with a LAME friend of mine about the concept of owning a plane so I can be more informed in that area.
For now I guess i'm fortunate to fly for a living but obvioulsy have constraints as to how why when & where I fly when doing it for that living.

CW