PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The same old rant, different year, different location
Old 27th Mar 2002, 19:40
FNG
Not so N, but still FG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear, hear, Big Red L. I am sorry to see a very few people being consistently rude to and about WWW, who generally posts in a civilised and informative manner. Some people (same ones?) keep having a go at BEagle as well. I assume that they will not be deterred from making helpful contributions to this forum.. .. .The issue of whether or not GA flying standards are improving is an interesting one. Biennial instructor check outs must help a bit. I sometimes wonder if there could be a more formal structure for continuous development after licence issue. Some PPLs choose to expose their flying to instructor scrutiny on a more or less regular basis, by getting additional ratings, differences training etc. Others disappear from the instructional radar screen until they have to do their biennial. People would no doubt complain of further regulation, but why not, for example, require the instructor hour for a new PPL to be within the second six months after licence issue? I could make myself even more unpopular by suggesting that the minimum hours for licence maintenance should be increased, but had better stop and get my tin hat.. .. .As for landing flat, I too was guilty of this in the past, and found that a tailwheel checkout did wonders for my trike landings. Imaginative flying clubs which have taildraggers available could perhaps do worse than offer PPL students the option of a few dual tailwheel hours as part of the course.