PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The same old rant, different year, different location
Old 26th Mar 2002, 04:12
Cusco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stik. .. .Must be something about EGBG. Which runway was in use?. .. .I was there on Saturday when 10 was in use and not to put too fine a point on it the A/G was pants. Each time an A/c called final the dear old A/G replied Roger G-**** report final.. .. .A few aerial backs were being well and truly put up.. .. .I don't think its just the tyros who are to blame re lowering standards.. .. .I announced a downwind join to 10 as that fitted nicely: There were several other A/C in the circuit, some downwind, some base and I couldn't see any of them. They were probably doing Bomber command circuits while my wing tip traced the runway!.. .. .Any way this A/G was having a bad hair day so I announced extending downwind to get the base leg stuff onto final.. .. .At 2 mile final a Twin appeared off my left side on base, thought the better of carving me up, disappeared somewhere behind me only to reappear on short final as I was backtracking the main.. .. .Disappeared over my head on a go-around with the R/T comment 'that was a bit close.'. .. .You're not bl**dy kidding thought I.. .. .Less than two minutes later, having dropped off his passenger he roared off, doubtless to cause mayhem at some other A/D.. .. .Apart from that a great day's flying, actually flew home using my new crinkly half mil and stopwatch.. .. .So the twin jocks in a hurry can be just as dangerous.. .. .Hope he reads this post.