PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The same old rant, different year, different location
Old 26th Mar 2002, 03:18
Wycombe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A lot of sense being talked here (a lot of it by people like me that don't have as much cash to spend on our "hobby" as Ludwig).. .. .I've just finished a 6 month (financially induced) layoff and will probably have to budget myself to fly not more than 30hrs for the rest of this Year.. .. .Having started flying again last w/e (50 mins mostly upper air/gen handling/PFL/EFATO, which was mostly fine), I did an hour circuit-bashing with the CFI yesterday, which whilst ok, did show that I needed to tidy things up....a bit fast on the approach/overcompensation for x-wind/not enough pitch-up on the go-around etc etc.. .. .Although the CFI commented that I was "safe enough", I felt that I would really like one more session with him to really get things sorted (despite the dual rate of approx £150ph) - of course he didn't disagree!. .. .Some might think I'm being a bit over-cautious, but to my mind having a limited budget is not an excuse for not being safe & competent.. .. .Oh, and I was flying a brand new aeroplane (172SP - very nice!), so he probably doesn't want me to bend it!