PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2008, 02:25
TROJAN764

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'by the numbers:I understand your frustration and there have been many times when I have felt like venting my anger - I guess I am just a little old fashioned and generally manage to hold it back.

'Bushy: I don't think they are all stupid, just driven by self interest - but aren't we all to one degree or another? At the risk of sounding like an apologist for management, which I most certainly am not, may I suggest that there is probably more empathy toward the pilots' cause from some QL managers than they are given credit for. My feeling is that the problems are being generated at a much higher level (the upper eschalons of 'Q' management) and that those who would want to help us have been rendered impotent in this regard. I'm sure that some are hanging on in the hope that they may be able to exert some favourable influence, rather than step aside and be replaced by someone who is even less sympathetic - call me naive or idealistic if you like but:'Better The Devil You Know!"

Last edited by TROJAN764; 18th Mar 2008 at 08:54. Reason: Trying to fix the bold type