PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TA to expel soldiers who won’t go to war
Old 17th Mar 2008, 22:08
topgas

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
At the moment, only TA members who have indicated a willingness to be mobilised are being called up, unlike on Telic 1, when quite a few got a bit of a shock. In my particular specialty, the person resposible for filling the slots rings up about a year in advance to ask if you can go - my feeling is that saying no is not really an option unless you have a good reason, (perhaps that's why I've just got back from my third tour since 2003) but negotiation on dates is possible. Unfortunately the current policy on appeals seems to bew to not oppose any employer appeal unless it is in one of the really short CEGs. My unit has been warned off for next year - not the entire unit is required and not everyone who volunteers will get to go.
TA do in fact get X Factor - it is set at 5% rather than 13% (just gone up to 14%?) for regulars, but it is based on a lower salary scale, and AFPRB declined to increase it in their review this year, despite increased turmoil, etc.
RTMC/HMS Nelson/RAuxAF will make a Reservist's Award to a total maximum of £548 daily rate for most groups on evidence of civilian and reserve pay, and this is now irrespective of the mobilised rank.
The majority of reservists come back from deployments having benefited from the experience and with a sense of achievement- I certainly did, but then I was being chauffered around by Padders and his mates in a dedicated cab Thanks, guys