PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TA to expel soldiers who won’t go to war
Old 17th Mar 2008, 20:58
gar170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does the MOD compensate TA soldiers these days for loss of income from their regular jobs if deployed? There is no correlation between a TA soldier's army pay and his civvy pay - so a TA soldier may not necessarily be able to pay his mortgage and other ongoing commitments etc on his deployment pay. I imagine this would be a big impediment to many deploying.
The way it works on mobilisation you turn up with 3 yrs P as prove of income they then take the average add what you would earn as a reserve this is your yearly income then deduct what a regular earns this gives the difference then divide 365 this gives you the daily difference from civvie to reg. there is a cap in respect of rank.
I don't know what it is now but it used to be around SAC £32.000 i think for a SAC so if you earned more than that they would not call you up.

As a matter if interest, is there any X Factor for TA? I was thinking not so much in terms of having their wages paid, but more what they're going to lose in the future with their 'real' jobs due to not being promoted, due to spending so much time with the Mod instead of counting paperclips or driving trucks, or whatever it is they were doing in civvy street?
There is none it is mostly down to the good will of the employers.
What used to be the biggest problem was if you had a company pension some times you had to find the contributions your self to keep the pension up to date or it was frozen for the period you were away.