PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extension Post 55
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2008, 14:08
Call me Skipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point is that I find the attitude of our A-scale colleagues rather selfish. After 18 plus years in Cx on A scale salaries, relatively short time to commands, I must now suddenly sympathize with them that they cannot be extended by a further 10 years - give me a break. Do they feel sympathy for delayed F/O's and S/O's trying to support a family in Hong Kong at reduced salaries while there children have already left home. Do they feel sympathy at S/O's and F/O's have there upgrades even further delayed - not for one minute. Do they feel sympathy for S/O's being upgraded out of seniority and the rest of us looking at a further 1-2 years, perhaps longer.

I find them arrogant because they have the audacity to mention on the flight deck that they have, after not being interested through out their career, decided to get into training just to extend. And don't mention the one about more C&T's will speed things up - even the old guy's have stopped playing that tired record. There CoS was always RA55 so what's the big surprise ??

Kitsund where are you based - England, of course should have guessed. Nice use of language but I won't be lowering myself to your level old chap.