PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2008, 12:52
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 20 yrs I took VR in 2006 because of no training prospects and substandard pay rises ( I wasn't a golden boy and I wasn't going to sell out my mates to get ahead).

I found a new job within two weeks and my new wage was equivelant to my base wage as a level 9 LAME ( Less money all up but I was happy as it suited me not to work nightshift or weekends after 20 yrs).

I recently recieved a pay rise of 5% plus 3 weeks pay as a bonus. This is equivelant to over 10 %. In addition to this they will pay for my course that I have enrolled in at Monash University as long as I pass. (this is in contrast to no pay rise since 1/1/2006 and no prospects of further training if I stayed as a LAME)

I loved working as a LAME and I would love to go back (new job is OK but boring- certainly not as hard as being a LAME). But I'm not going to go back for substandard money and to be treated with contempt by management.

ALAEA Fed Sec, until you address these fundamental issues you are going to haemorhage LAMES, AMES and apprentices from the industry and your own union and you will not get them back.

The membership has spoken several times by secret ballot. We all know QF management don't listen. When are the ALAEA going to act on the votes of your own membership?? How many more secret ballots do you need??

Bullies like QF only understand thing. The law of the jungle. You have the power to rip their throats out if you only have the guts to bare your teeth!!(and they know it!!)

I can only assume that Julia Gillard has been whispering sweet nothings in you ear as protracted industrial action would severely impact the economy and look very bad for the ALP soon after gaining power. You seem to have gone very soft since the ALP won the last election.

Eyeing off a position in the ALP now that you no longer work for QF?? Maybe that's a bit harsh as your leadership has been a vast improvement on your predecessors.

The members have spoken. Will you lead them???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????

Last edited by numbskull; 17th Mar 2008 at 19:53.