PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 17th Mar 2008, 06:57
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BJ, I might see you in Oregon this summer if you hurry.
i4iq has good idea. PPL won't invalidate you for J1 and it ain't bad to have home PPL before going to the US. Will save some time and give you an idea about the stuff. I'd do it if I weren't based in the UK (nuff nuff)

I see lots of Jobs for experienced twin IFR pilots is anyone looking for pilots with around 1600 single with turbine experience. I just don't see any of these jobs advertised.
Thanks for any leads
Isn't it that there's many low/lowish timers flooding heli companies in Australia with CVs and therefore they'd pick someone up from suitable candidates?

Well, if you still don't know the market you wish to work in by the time you have the hours as yours...

helicfi you're right in a way.
First of all, there's only two J1 heli schools. Oregon and Florida.
Secondly, nobody forces folks to do all the training in in S300. Bristow Academy DO HAVE Robbies as well. Few, but they have.
Also, nobody says it's hard to get R22 for SFH in that area.

From what I've read, 50 hours in R22 and 25h in R44 for SFAR sign-offs and the R22 time can be substituted by R44, ie 25 R22 and 25 R44.
That's theory-wise. Naturally, if someone's comparable in hours and ratings, but there's 100 hour in R22 difference, the operators might be inclined to hire the 'more experienced' guy. Some advise to have 100/100 first 200 hours anyway. not to forget that 200TT min in heli for R22 instructing...

The choice is theirs how they make up their TT summary being aware of the US training market specifics.