PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TA to expel soldiers who won’t go to war
Old 16th Mar 2008, 23:58
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SBG, do you realise how ridiculous you sound. Poor diddums regular gets a little more shot at because the part timer will not take his place - total bollox, your regular should be ashamed of himself if he is really harbouring those thoughts.
rmac

I don't think SBG actually said that, although his whinging tone suggests he does indeed require a reality check. The reservist in question has an apparantly proven inability to shoot straight so it more a case of "cannot take his place" rather than "will not take his place". [Would you want someone who cannot shoot straight alongside you in a combat situation?]

Whilst this raises questions about the standards required of reservists generally, it also highlights the very real need for people on the ground in nasty places to be able to do things (e.g. shoot at people) which may be outside the scope of their everyday trade (e.g. fix airframes).

If the reservist in question is say, RAF Regiment, then it is fair to raise questions about why he is doing that job. If he is say a techie or bluntie then I'm not so sure that it's fair on the bloke to have a pop about his inability to fire a weapon accurately.

Just my 2p worth

CS