PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING! - 744 S/Os Shafted....
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2008, 13:28
Drunknsailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off, we need to accept the fact that there are a330 short courses and a330 long courses. 744 SO's CAN NOT take a short course so there will ALWAYS be some discontinuity in the upgrades as you go down the seniority list as the 330 short courses must be filled by airbus SO's. I will admit that it has gotten a bit excessive lately. I do however, think the trend is reversing.

I searched through the April rosters to see who was getting courses. The 744 SO's who were awarded the 777 were significantly senior than the ones who went to the Airbus. There were at least 2 if not 3 744 SO's starting a 330 course in April. They were a couple of months junior to the ones going to the 777. I hate to say this but it is not Cx's fault if 10 or so 744 SO's did not want the 330 and they had to go down the list to fill the courses they had available.

When you compare the junior 744 SO getting an a330 course and the junior airbus SO getting an upgrade course, the difference in DOJ is a matter of about two weeks. That is good news because it looks like the company is creating 330 long courses for the 744 guys that want them. As far as the difference in dates of the courses for the 744 guys and the 330 guys, it comes down to when they could fit in the short course vs. the long course.

On another note, I noticed that a lot of people doing a jfo airbus course are having 330 SO trips put on their roster between the end of their sim's and their base training/LFUS, could there be a crew shortage perhaps???

Oh, silly me, "there is no such thing as a crew shortage!"