PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No towing from stand to take off - yet.
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2008, 21:56
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

"Aviation Pollution"

I fly (long haul) for my holidays - Because I live and work a long way from my home. We live in a "global world" and my excuse for my work-place is that I'm "spreading modern technology" (okay - and making money at it)

In "the good old days", I'd be taking a holiday every 3 years, and spending a couple of weeks traveling on a ship (at a smaller "carbon footprint"? Probably not) Don't think my wife-come-August would be happy with that suggestion!

So the answer is to tax air travel out of existence? (whether either per-pax or per-flight) Never mind RB's "spin" being green - how about the robbing bar-stewards in our elected governments?

Anything that can allow me to spend time at home, or my wife to spend time with me at our "other home" (constraints with children at school) and yet contribute less to the environmental damage so caused, is worthy of consideration. Otherwise, I'll have to stop contributing to what's known as "UK's Invisible Earnings"

Anything that works economically is worth a shot at. If it works it will make money - if it doesn't it will die a death. But progress has always been from someone willing to try out an idea.