PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar to pay for ratings
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2008, 03:34
Mstr Caution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The professor,

Of course the cost analysis is more complex then pure pilot salaries.

However as the remuneration differential decreases then remuneration is taken from the equation.

As oil prices increase then other costs also play (to a lesser extent) less importance.

My observation of the scenario regarding a loss of the jetstar competitive advantage is nothing new. Have a look at my previous posts!

Months prior to the EBA4 vote, I stated to the effect that Jetstar pilots should caution wage growth for risk of loosing competitive advantage over mainline.

I have stated on numerous occasions in the past that as Jetstar pilot's wages increase, then their competitive advantage over mainline is diminished.

If paying for endorsements is over for jetstar, then there's another loss of competitive advantage.

What AIPA choses to do, whether maintain the differential or tighten such by mainline wage constraint is up to them.

I don't run AIPA, but if I was I know what I would do.

I also expect alot more is happening behing the scenes within EBA8 negotiations to secure B787 flying. To think otherwise would be naive.

When The JPC locked themselves away with management to secure the A330 flying, in effect shutting out AIPA. Did they not expect that when push came to shove AIPA would not use all available resources and economy of scale to protect their members?

Again, my opinion only. But GOAL will never happen.

Jetstar & QF mainline are two seperate companies. Qantas mainline will never be told who they have to employ, ask any senior QFLink pilot about that.

(not that i think this is fair or just, but it's the way it is)

I really dont think that any mainline pilot has anything to gain from GOAL.

The best outcome for Jetstar pilots would be a deal similar to those in QFlink with more than 2 years of service.

I expect that AIPA will negotiate a deal with EBA8 to secure all the B787 flying, once the company renegs on GOAL.

For any junior mainline pilot to vote yes for EBA8 without such deal needs their head read.

Remember economies of scale, there are more QF second Officers than Jetstar pilots.

I agree with market forces, cause economy of scale & market forces will dictate who flies what & in what colour scheme.

Oh yeah, speaking to those that would know. Who have made no secret about it. Yes, the first 15 B787's are going to J* (at present & subject to change. The remaining 100 * B787's are up for grabs depending on best yield.