PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2008, 18:31
tOOT3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I join in?

Good thing I found an active forum for Pinoy pilots because I badly need an advice from the senior guys. I am 21, currently training in Long Beach CA. Approaching my multi commercial then CFI after. I plan to instruct for quite some time to gain the minimum hours here (at least 500 for PAL? what about CEB?). But the thing is that I have the same urge as that of Jollibeeflyer to go back to the Philippines to fly, well I just came here to get my greencard last 06 so I still have spirit hehe. Well, for one really good reason, I just got married in the Philippines just this February, yeah at 21... and I am not yet a citizen which would take at least 5 years? That is why I was really considering gaining experience in the Philippines to be with my wife and then come back here. My recent searches also brought me to consider China Airlines with like 1500hr and ATPL.

I have considered also starting my career here in the U.S at once after everything, but from what I have heard, CFI's here do sometimes earn much higher salaries than those in the regional airlines. That is why I am really considering jet experience even with low pay at first rather than CFI all the way with only cessna and piper experience. And... I still have loans to consider here wow lucky are those kids of forbes park and alabang residents hehehe.

P.S - how much is the pay for first year for CEBU vs PAL? Is a 2-yr degree a college graduate for PAL? hehe because I am taking up BS Professional Pilot but I was thinking if PAL or CEB if required would allow 2 yr associates degree in Aviation Science.

SORRY FOR BUTTING IN, THANKS GUYS I WILL APPRECIATE ANYTHING.
- Arthur