PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Blue about to park aircraft
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 22:58
cjam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taildragger, Kangaroo Court got it right, you either do it or you don't do it. It's up to you. When I left my well paid job to pursue flying I knew that about 15% of new CPL's were getting work within six months of qualifying so I decided to do whatever it took it be in the top 10% of everything I did with regard flying. Exam results, driving around Aus looking for jobs, effort put in etc, I just went as hard as I could. It has a price and effects every other part of your life cause there is only so much energy to be allocated. I'm now a jet F/o , not working too hard and getting paid well, was it worth it?....debatable, I say yes but others around me are still astounded by the sacafices that were made. Make a D and either do it or don't, you'll be competing against some very determined people but there are a lot of jobs around now so it should be ok, maybe you'll only have to live out bush on powdered milk for six months instead of 30. PS, don't tell em you're a mensa member....... steadiness and reliability are more important than sky high IQ's when it comes to getting the job done safely.
Hope you do it, it is really a good job, (not PB....just the job in general) cheers.