PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No towing from stand to take off - yet.
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 22:44
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Skipness One Echo
If you are really getting your knickers in a twist about the amounts burned on taxi in or holding then you do NOT have an adequate perspective on the problems inherent in made made climate change.
Not getting my knickers in the least bit twisted. You may have noticed that I said, "If the UK govt wanted to cut down on emissions, they only have to get the CAA to limit holding times."

For myself, I consider that we have not a hope in hell of stopping mankind from trashing the planet. Human beings do not know how to stop doing things that they like doing and that make money! I expect climate change to worsen steadily and to try and enjoy as much of my time on this planet as I can. The only thing that will stop humans is when disaster starts. If an example were needed: How many folks live on the San Andreas fault? Then some people die and the rest carry on. One day LOTS of people will die but folks are not going to move out.

So I expect the govt and the pressure groups to carry on doing what they do and nothing will change ... except the climate!