PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan -7
Thread: FlyGlobespan -7
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 21:55
mm0wkj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a shame the crews get the stick for what is a management issue. All they have is the instructions, uniforms and the hardware management dump on them and are expected to take the flak when it all goes wrong.

Losing ETOPS wasnt the crews problem and they are stuck on the scenic route to SFB just like the pax but by wearing the uniform they are tarnished with the same incompetence brush as the clowns running the show...

I'm probably the biggest culprit for slagging GSM but I dont think I've ever had a go at what the crews do. They are simply doing their best with what they have and doing it damn well too.

Its obvious by some of the crew posts here that they are treated as much like mushroons as the pax are and are expected to sit in the dark dealing with whatever BS is thrown at them. Thankfully the pax can vote with their feet and fly with another airline but for the crews its their job and its a bit harder just to say no thanks and walk away.

Nice to see someone high up had a bit of sense and decided to use the 75 and 76 on SFB. Had the stuck it with the 75 alone then the crews would have been even more stressed dealing with the delays and grumpy pax..

Makes me wonder though, its funny how the 75/76 rotation to minimise delays started just before the BMI sale was brought up?. Wonder if there was a method to the madness in that one?.