PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe and Atlantic Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 18:18
Dihaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Quite the contrary,

I think AFT are a very good school for what it does.

AFT is a school for students who dont like the regimented and money grabbing attitude of other schools such as OAT, Scabair and CTC.

I did all my training at AFT zero to hero as its called somtimes. Despite some ups and downs which every school has I am overall quite happy with AFT. Only complaint is the after care of students, nevertheless I am being recommended by the CEO to Flybe (lets hope I get in). Flybe currently has 2 schemes with AFT

1. Other flybe cadets from outside AFT are sent there to train them on the JOC course and SOP's

2. Students from AFT are recommended to Flybe and subject to their screening processes which are you have to have done ATPL onwards training with them and psycological crieria which the CEO and your instructors will evaluate.

Working for Flybe is very good as ive heared from other Flybe pilots. Its like the BA or Virgin of the low fare airliners.

Obviously the above scheme is entirely dependant on you. If you get put forward and given the support to pass the interview but you dont then thats your problem.
I have also heared that Flybe had a typerating course this month and they didnt have enough pilots to fill them so they require many pilots.

AFT also has a recommendation scheme running with Air Southwest.

I have taken a lot of time to write all this info out so that people may be aware of the scheme!
PLEASE I DO NOT WANT A SLAGGING OR ANY ARGUMENTS OVER THIS MESSAGE.

CHEERS
GOD SPEED