PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian
Thread: Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2008, 10:39
SK-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, there are actually no regional payscale in SAS. You start at at same scale whether you start on the F50 or A321 - the only difference is that if you fly a regional AC, you stop at sertain steps on the scale (I think it was ltr 8 as FP and ltr 18 as FC). Regional AC are defined as 100 seats or less, and not the same AC type as mainline.

The salary is much the same between countries, and varies mainly due to the currencies; i.e. DK on top, then NO, and the weak SV kroner on the bottom.

In Norway the regional segment consist of 5 F50 and 2 AVRO. In Denmark (where there also is appr 30 norwegians) the ex Q400 pilots until further fly 4 CRJ200 (Cimber) and 3 AVRO (Atlantic), waiting for the CRJ900 to arrive. The last 30 pilots from the Q400 will start directly on the CRJ900 with training starting late april (will fly CRJ900 for Lufthansa until CRJ900 arrives in SAS), and som pilots have been transferred to main AC. In Sweden there is a dispute regarding the future regional segment, and I think there will be more about that in the press in the near future...