PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are your pet hate non-standard phraseologies?
Old 13th Mar 2008, 07:56
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC, as I am the person who posted the "confirm" whinge- I have to say; your post is a load of crap.
When this topic was previously raised on this forum, it was mentioned that some operators have required both pilots to confirm altitude clearances. Those SOPs do NOT ask the pilot TO SAY THE WORD CONFIRM if both pilots did not hear. They ask the pilot to confirm the clearance. The approved method to have things confirmed, is to say "say again".
If you advocate changes to regulated procedures being done by company SOPs and pilot-driven interpretation of those SOPs, then I will have to take issue. Why have a regulator?

Anyway, MY whinge is directed at pilots from a certain geographical area, who say "confirm" at the end of every clearance, not due to SOPs, but purely because they dont have the confidence either in themselves to get it right in one try, or the confidence in controllers in their homeland to listen to readbacks (as revealed by pilots from that area).

I hope I have cleared up your lack of understanding on that particular topic. As for your IAA rants.....