PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2008, 18:47
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets hope the long haul charters continue - I'm sure weekly or fortnightly frequencies would work and capture an untapped market. BGI and MIA on the NCL departure boards will look lovely.

I was previously not trying to diss BA - they operate probably one of the most valuable connections out of NCL, however the LHR-NCL route does frequently suffer during periods of disruption. I think on monday, not even 50% of flights operated, which will pee off business passengers are regular travellers, as they will see that day and assume the service as being unreliable???? I understand LHR is heavily restrained in terms of slots and weather will have an effect, but BA cannot let any one certain route suffer and need to recognise that those complaints over service failures need addressing.

I think the consolidation from LS is not a bad thing. They are being sensible during a time of soaring oil prices and tough competition. By doing this, they may well come of the best in future as they are concentrating on the money makers and not cross subsidising anything. I have to agree with NYC, I sincerely hope it doesn't start as it could jeopardise NCL's chances of a so called legacy operation to NYC!?