PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2008, 11:59
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet 2

Channex101 - I never said that Jet2 were pulling the base simply asking the question "are we seeing them gradually pulling the base".

Whilst I have no inside knowledge of LS ops the evidence seems to point firmly in this direction. First the obvious route reductions and frequencies from NCL, secondly LS are currently recruiting cabin crew at every base except NCL and third yesterday LS were still selling flights to PMI during the half term holiday in May for £10.99. This last point seems to indicate problems with sales from NCL for LS, especially compared to what EZY and TOM flights to the same desitination were selling for on the same day.

The other thing that particularly concerns me is this rumour about LS are about to commence flights to New York on a charter bases. I have particular doubts that this will work and if as I suspect it turns out to be a disaster in terms of sales and is pulled the chances of NCL securing a legacy carrier to the New York is greatly damaged. For the sake of the North East business community which is crying out for this link lets hope this venture by LS never gets off the ground.