PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia's Adam Air once again.. "Passenger jet skids off runway"
Old 11th Mar 2008, 18:04
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The end is near for Adam Air?

Having said that, yes Adam Air should be grounded for life and all Indonesian airlines should be banned from entering any other country until their industry is sorted out.
You may have part of your wish come true... Adam Air has stopped taking reservations for flights after 16th March. Reservations was called and they said the same thing...
Why am I not surprised...

As of the rest of the country's airlines... sorry, if there's someone to blame for us getting the EU ban, or for our DGAC to have been made incompetent (rumours include the former head of the DGAC being on the payroll of Adam Air), look no further than Adam Air... allegations of their "persuasion" to use the regulators to wreak havoc on other airlines were prevalent 2 years ago... We have airlines that self regulate better than the govt...

According to the news, it was 15 minutes before the pax was evacuated. Sounds like the IB A346 too... no slides, use the stairs... but hang on... I don't see stairs here... I see... A LADDER!

And also according to the rumour mills, the injuries were caused by the pax eager to get out of the aircraft in panic after the door was opened... Dunno if this is true...

Last edited by PK-KAR; 11th Mar 2008 at 18:33. Reason: Added inline image