PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 16:20
uklad007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought that the fare inclusive of taxes and charges has to be shown on the same page and its now a requirement for it to be done this way. Wasnt that part of the reason why Ryanair upgraded their booking system (i know it wasnt the only reason) but am sure a deadline was set for doing this (cant recall if its an EU issue or a UK only one)

BA/BMI/Easyjet show their fares inclusive and whilst flybe dont in terms of the fare you see in the flight options - to the right hand side of this (on the same page) it shows the total inclusive of taxes, i didnt think you could have the fare on one page and the taxes coming later - something to do with advertising and the passenges thinking they are getting a flight at £X but its actually £Y.

I know for extras (baggage etc this is different) although i wish they would show all of this on the same page, and it baffles me as to why using a Debit Card now attracts a charge with some airlines, basically stating its going to cost you extra however you pay - to a degree i can understand it for a Visa Card (although it should be a % of the cost rather than a fixed fee as it can be a high % against the lowest cost flights and the airlines Card issuer charges are a % of the total transaction and are not fixed fee so in some cases your paying more than you should be ) but for a Debit Card it should be nil!