PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Running Expenses for c210
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 12:47
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Geez, I turn my back for a day, to take the FTDK south for a little medical care (its ADF is a bit dicky!) and look at the mess I find when I come back in here.

c) They are slow compared to C210 and Bo. All talk about 165 knots is crap. Expect under 150 knots if it's not turbocharged.
And if its turbocharged - you might get 155 kts and 65 L/hr unless you climb it into the flightlevels and suck O2.

Don't get me wrong, I like the C182RG - but a C210 it ain't!

C185, you will be able to instruct me as to their operation and maybe even demonstrate the use of these strange pedals on the floor when we go for our aeronautical jaunt on Saturday.
What the (?) Beachy, you gonna slum it on Saturday in the farm ute? I guess you'll have to leave at Sparrow F*rt to make it by lunch time!

skid the silly thing slightly
Ya gotta be kidding Griffo! Wally Beech put pedals in the Bo for use in Take-Offs and Landings only. I suspect your problem was a fear of heights. The V-tail should be operated above A080 only - where the air is generally smooth as a baby's botty - except when crossing the Tamani in October when FL140 might be a better option. OK, they may shimmy an little closer to the ground on descent, but that's just to make sure you are awake for the landing.

Dr

Last edited by ForkTailedDrKiller; 12th Mar 2008 at 07:02.