PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian
Thread: Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 07:06
objordal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
42? Not fifty?

It's been lots of different roumors about the buying of the new Norshuttles. Someone say they put in an order for 42, as you say.
Norwegian's spokesman, have said that they did actually put an order for 50 brand new 737-800's, what will be delivered from february 2008 to sometime in 2014, I think it was. A guy I know, he works at OSL. He said that the three first aircraft were ex. Air Europa. LN-NOB, -NOC and -NOD. Though that proved to be wrong, since the firs B738 came directly in from Boeing Field, Seattle...

I don't think it's been a so open debate. No one has actually cared so much about the buying, that anyone knows for sure
First AFTER the orders was put in, people started caring a lot.
Myself, I think it was stupid to buy the B738.. But off course, it strengthens the airline's position in the European airline market.
The could have bought just B737's or B739's instead. Don't know why I say it, but I just don't like B738, and I'm not the only one.

Well.. Anways. Yes, I know they are hiring too, and they have many hubs in Norway, including WAW in Poland. The airline is under a HUGE expasion-period right now. It's closing up on SAS on European flights. They are looking on eachother as might concurrents. Which is quite ironic, after the know, new Norwegian's only 6 year of operation-period.

But Norwegian - rock on. :]