PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2008, 09:37
Mari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resigning crew in the last 2 months according to the gossips I heard:700 or 800 or 1700. I don't know which number is correct but most likely it's a lot. I also heard that a big number of new crew resigned during the probationary period.

One of the G2s on my last flight flew 134 hours last month. Poor thing! No wonder why. What is the max? Is it really 150 hours per month???

What else I heard? A positive thing: good bonus, massive pay-rise and higher accomodation allowanse. I never believed in a pay-rise like 15-25% but I'm starting to hope because of the large amount of people who resigned. No, I'm not expecting 50 or 70%. Yes, it would be nice but I don't think so... Well, they did it at Gulf Air last year... let's hope that miracles happen! (Unfortunately, it doesn't help the inflation and the instability of the dollar. Pay-rise is NOT the solution for the problems.)

Have you seen the Gulf News? The 380 destinations were launched. (I'm surprised it was not mentioned on the Crew Portal. How come?) New York from 1st of October, London from 1st of December and Sydney-Auckland from 1st of February 2009. Nothing unexpected. I hope my thinking was correct: many days off and quick upgrade.

Oh, and one of my purser friend got a letter that she MUST apply for the 380. She's new (I mean new purser). So, it seems to me that people will be selected by negative seniority just like at Singapore Airlines. (They are also struggeling to get enough crew, even though the 380 crew is paid better.)

What else? According to my source the recruiters tell the people on the Open Days that they will ALL be trained on the 380. They will have a chance to change for the other fleet after 6 months. (Most likely the sick days and absents will be considered as usual.)

These are ALL gossips, nothing is confirmed. I hope we will experience some positive changes at the company this year.

Have a good day!