PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored Type Rating With Line Hours
Old 8th Mar 2008, 09:30
CaptYanknBank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSTR

PK.

Some training organisations offer line training with no or little renumeration.
In some instances i've heard of the trainees paying for their own drinks/meals onboard and paying for their accommodation down route.

You can buy as much line training as you want. Some people take 5-10 hours others take 100 or more.
You will be trained in that respective airlines SOPs.

Once you've done your MCC and got your FATPL, it's a choice of paths to take to get that illusive 1st job.

Instructing is a great way of honing your skills, improving your flying, building hours, meeting people, flying different types etc. Most importantly, in the eyes of the CFI who may interview you, it's a way you can pass on your knowledge to teach others to fly....!!!

(CFI - Q: Why do you want to instruct? A: To teach others to fly. CFI Welcome aboard.....) It can be that easy.....was for me providing I performed in the check out.

The long-winded debate about the rights and wrongs of SSTRs is here to stay and it's the individuals choice entirely like anything in life and aviation training.

No-one says anyone has to do an FI, there's not always a guarantee there that the training provider will give you a job at the end of it, they might not like you as a person.

No-one says anyone has to do an SSTR, it's your choice again, jobs are far from guaranteed.

The market is now being flooded as others have said.

I did an SSTR and got a bunch of job offers with no line time on type.

Right place, right time, face fits....?!?

It got me the job......