PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS Queensland.
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2008, 07:32
flyitboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the WA section is about to experience a mass exit of drivers, the SE section which are now I believe to be the lowest paid section of the whole RFDS are always seeking pilots for Syd & ML as can be seen in Friday's Australian newspaper & the AFAP website almost every week!. I bet the managment at Syd & ML are getting nervous knowing that their guys are being paid peanuts & would no doubt be very restless, I know I would be in their shoes!
I can't understand for the life of me why these obviously experienced guys are still there earning such poor wages when there is a much better paid job out there such as SAPL Etc. Am sure things will change soon for those well sought after pilots of the RFDS. Great job guys, we salute you for being hero's in more ways than one, but I would undesrstand ye exit for better T&C's like almost everyone else.
I've known a few guys over the years at the RFDS in various sections they where 'career' pilots once, not anymore I'd say, hard to maintain that idea when yr mates are being paid more even within their own Co! Go figure !
I am aware that's it's contractual at some bases but at the end of the day a contract can only be filled if there are 'supplies' for the task!

HH I think from yr posts that yr such a man, well done if so

F

F