PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair 'floating base' during line training
Old 7th Mar 2008, 18:04
virginpilot1087

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said,

I am new at FR and from what I have seen I am pretty happy so far, people I have talked to are generaly happy, the only complaint I have heard from pilots been there for a few years is there a bit bored with the routes sometimes and feeling like a bus driver, but thats flying, the routes are where the pay comes from so cant do much about that in any airline.

I really dont know where all these massive moans about conditions come from? do any of you that say how awful a company it is actuly fly for us or used to??? some must do hopefully as I really cant belive people coming on here and taking the time to slag of the company if they dont, I have never even looked at posts about other companys and probably wont do until I decide to switch.

I really dont care about the tea and coffee not been free because I dont drink it anyway, water is free and to be fair I could do with drinking more of that anyway as coke is very bad for you, food,, bringing in my own food really does mean i can control my own diet when sat for 8-10 hours a day in a plane, putting rubish is a bag? good god what a nightmare that will be,, 4days off! awesome! get to have a weekend off every two weeks just about and days off in the week every week! I have friends in 9-5's that have to take a day off just to do the random life stuff like banking and things, pay scale is pretty good,,, I know many many people been in jobs 5-10 years earning less that I am starting on, yea they did not have to pay £25k to get there job, but they dont get to fly a 737!, free jump seating on the network! loads of destinations and as we all go thru training lots of friends around the world with a free room to stay so can do some nice mini breaks on days off.

sure someone will come on and list the negatives now after reading that,, but there are always negatives in life, for me if you fixate on them you are just a negative person who will never be happy,,, I am happy now and later on if not no one has a gun to my head to fly, I can move on.