PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2008, 03:23
genex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedy....

I seriously doubt that SWA ever paid near the "majors" rates in its early years when they had to sell an aircrfat and spares to cover the payroll. nevertheless with some audacious marketing and operating practices that had the "majors" aghast, they made it.

Of course they are not perfect. They did a QF1 at Burbank then again at O'hare and in both cases came within whiskers breadth of a holocaust. But as with QF1 were very fortunate, thank goodness.

As for the AWAs vote....personally I'd be more focussed on the fact that there are now about 100 less contract pilot jobs than before. But if you work for Jetstar and are aggrieved then take them on in the courts. If it matters that much to see pilots stay on AWAs and for all the JQ pilots to take a pay cut then go ahead.

As for me....I read Chimbu's last line and commend it to you. There are things in the world to get worked up about and this isn't one of them.

Your energies would be better devoted to working within AIPA to get their house in order. Getting over the monkey photo tactic will take years.