PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 21:47
speeeedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whose EBA was it after all?
Good question genex.

It sure as hell wasn't the AWA pilots EBA when they voted.

The majority of pilots covered by EBA3 DID NOT want it to be replaced.

Will all those AWA pilots who voted, actually switch to the EBA? I would say that the early DEC's on $250k won't be switching....So is their vote invalid? How does all that work? Smelly, very smelly!

In answer to your earlier questions:

1. They were always pretty proud of their pay levels, unlike Jetstar management who seem to enjoy belittling their pilots by publicly screaming from the roof tops that they earn $100 grand less than a Qantas pilot, the SWA management are proud of their good pay. They were only slightly behind the majors when they started, but they did work harder, now, of course, they are the highest paid narrow body pilots in the world.

2. Mostly Yes, but there are some exceptions.

3. 800 to 900, but can get close to 1000 on occasions if little or no leave is used in that year, exactly the same as QF 737.

4. Their pilots are represented by the SWAPA. Interestingly, unlike Jetstar who shuns unions (except when the have no choice), SWA is the most highly unionised airline in the world at 85% and their management is proud of it. American by comparison is 63% unionised. BTW before you start don't compare the SWAPA with the JPC, it will only lead to embarrassment, their histories, structure, and methods are quiet contrary.

I don't know what all that proves, but can you answer my questions now:

1. Is voting to replace an EBA that you are not covered by actually legal?

2. Do the AWA pilots who voted HAVE to switch to the EBA? If not, do we know who voted and who didn't to ensure that those who don't switch did not have a vote for an EBA that has nothing to do with them.

3. If all this is so kosher then why didn't the AWA pilots get a vote last time?

I await your response.