PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS Queensland.
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2008, 12:31
turbinejunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel RFDS QLD Pay - a very sweet deal!

I recently overnighted at a mate's place who is a RFDS QLD pilot. They had just got their EBA approved by management and it was up to the pilot body to vote on accepting the deal. From all accounts they would be mad to refuse it since it was exactly what the pilots had put to the bosses and was accepted without revision.

A pilot who is with the company for 4 years (or will by the time the incremental increases are finalised by October), will earn $95K. A massive 38% increase from current pay levels. A newbe wil be around $85K if my memory serves me correctly.

Congratulations to all the RFDS team including the managers who have enough sense to realise that the time has come for things to change.

Fact is those guys are very experienced and could easily jump into a airline position on similar or better cash so the RFDS could easily have lost their fundamental assets. Pilot wages are now closer to the medical staff (nurses had a recent jump).

How good would that be if it filtered through GA and the airlines likewise without an argument.

Its high time that we pilots stuck together and showed the bean counters what we truly believe we are worth across the board with some real conviction for the cause.

Dammit, we are talented individuals who have to make massive investments to get our careers started, accept difficult living conditions and low pay for years. Well, not any more.

Add to that the massive responsibility we uphold, the ongoing proficiency checks that need to be passed, the possibility of losing our medical at any time and therefore our income. The list just goes on and on!

The wheel has turned kiddies. Lets keep it going! Its time to bring home the bacon and really splash the cash.

Cheers,

TJ

ps. off soapbox now, rant over.